Friday, August 29, 2008

100 things

I have seen this "exercise" on a couple of my friends blogs, with the challenge to try it. I had big doubts that I could think of 100 things, but I did. It has been a long time since I really thought about things like this. It's kinda fun! You should try it, too!

1. I love sunflowers and gerbera daisies.
2. When I was seven, I would draw the inside of the chapel during sacrament meeting.
3. I always knew I wanted to be an artist.
4. I have a fear of edges/ledges.
5. I have dreams about falling off ledges.
6. I fear my kids falling off of ledges.
7. I even fear driving on high over-passes.
8. When I was in 5th grade, I wanted to be a photo-journalist.
9. In high school, I wanted to be a dolphin trainer at Sea World.
10. I was a nanny for three different families.
11. My favorite place to live is in Cambridge, MA.
12. I'm a certified scuba diver.
13. I think I was emotionally scarred for life after attending my 10 yr. H.S. reunion.
14. I played the clarinet in high school.
15. I was embarrassed to play in the band, so I would hide from my teacher during games.
16. I hated the marching band so much that I became a flag twirler. My only way out. I sucked.
17. I won the Z.C.M.I. table setting contest in high school.
18. I have a pet peeve for drivers that don't signal and that go super slow because of the cell phone
19. I LOVE the sound of babies belly laughing.
20. I have enough scrapbooking supplies to open up my own store.
21. I never seem to have enough time to scrapbook.
22. When I do, it takes me two hours to finish a page because I'm such a dang perfectionist.
23. I have two HUGE rubber-maid bins of beanie babies. All new with tags.
24. Someday, I'm going to be rich from selling my rare beanie babies! : ) lol.
25. I love to spend hours in Barnes and Noble. With hot chocolate.
26. I've been to Europe, Jamaica and Montreal. Loved it all.
27. I had a dream that I was going to Texas on my mission.
28. I went to Houston on my mission.
29. I would hide in my closet when it was time for piano lessons.
30. I loved cats when I was growing up. I even had cat bedding & curtains. I don't like cats now.
31. I love Josh Groban. I subscribed to his fan club. I have been to a concert. Die-hard Grobanite.
32. I have been to a Boy George concert.
33. Alan and I went to a MC Hammer concert when we were first married. Too Legit, man.
34. I sprained my ankle jumping from a two story balcony onto a trampoline.
35. I did this to show Alan how he should do it.
36. It's my dream to learn how to play the harp.
37. I can't remember a time in my life that I haven't wanted to lose weight.
38. My favorite calling in church was Primary President.
39. Everyone knows the hardest calling I've ever had.
40. I love being a mom.
41. I love my family.
42. I think I'm going to drive a convertable PT cruiser when all the kids are on their own.
43. I wish I wasn't so sensitive.
44. If I were to ever have anything "done" to my body, it would be to laser my veiny legs.
45. I love to teach art to kids.
46. I always had a dream of running a marathon.
47. I love chocolate in any form. It's a problem.
48. I met Alan in the library at BYU.
49. I asked him to marry me.
50. He made it official on my birthday.
51. We were married exactly 5 months after we met.
52. Logan was born on the day we met...March 24th.
53. I don't like most odd numbers. Especially any number with nine and three in it.
54. I like the numbers 5, 8 and now 7 because of Sarah.
55. I really love photography and I wish I knew/understood more of it.
56. I want to learn how to use Adobe photoshop...I first need to figure out a way to buy it!
57. I went to Harvard. I think people have a hard time believing that. I didn't graduate from there.
58. I took a bus into NYC by myself when I was 19 so I could see the Thanksgiving day parade.
59. I took a bus across the country when I was 12 to spend the summer with my friend in DC.
60. I 'm pretty sure I have spilled food on myself nearly every single meal of my life.
61. I have been engaged three times.
62. I don't think I will ever get over the pain of losing Sarah.
63. I wish I could have a reading from John Edwards.
64. I got my first kiss from Doug Murdock.
65. He's a Dr. now.
66. I know that because I had to take my ds into the emergency room, and he was his Dr.
67. He didn't recognize me. I had no make-up on. 50 lbs. heavier. I was wearing sweats.
68. I stupidly pointed out to him who I was. Brilliant move. His reaction was...well, depressing.
69. I have a recurring dream that my teeth are falling out. It's awful.
70. I think the worse chore is cleaning the fridge. Second would be matching socks.
71. My money never matches my taste.
72. I would pick getting sleep over food every time.
73. I want to go to Tuscany someday, eat good food and paint in the fields.
74. I want to go to Hawaii with our family.
75. I want to own property in the mountains/beach and have rockin' family reunions there.
76. My favorite cartoon strip is "Baby Blues"
77. On my mission, I used to pretend my wallet was a cell phone and drive around like that. Dork.
78. An ideal day would be 72 outside, eat out at an outdoor cafe and go gallery hopping in Carmel.
79. I'm not a morning person...I'm not a night person either. I think I peak at noon.
80. Sometimes, I wish I didn't care so much.
81. I get overwhelmed easily with all the changing and improving that I need to do.
82. I want to make a difference in this world, but I don't know what or how that will happen.
83. I over-analyze things to death.
84. I think marrying Alan was the best thing I have ever done. Period.
85. If I could have dinner with anyone that was living now, it would be Barack Obama.
86. Just kidding. It would be President Monson and Mitt Romney.
87. I want to be on Oprah someday and talk about the issues surrounding stillbirth.
88. I am happiest when all my kids are home safe, sound and happy.
89. My favorite hymn is "I Believe in Christ".
90. I can easily hyper-venilate in scrapbooking stores.
91. I love the style of Pottery Barn and Ethan Allen.
92. I feel very grateful in my life.
93. I always feared we would not have enough food storage when I was growing up.
94. So, I would sneak food down to our basement to make up our families food storage.
95. My ears ring 24/7. I have about 3-4 different sounds going on at the same time.
96. My first real job was at JC Penney's, taking pictures of kids.
97. My shortest-lived job was as a waitress. I lasted one night. Never again.
98. I used to work as a janitor before school started in high school.
99. One of my funnest jobs was as an art TA at BYU.
100. I love to bake, cook and sew... esp. when there is no pressure on my time and I'm by myself

There you go! If you made it through, I'm amazed! Please try it! I would love to read more about you!!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I love it!
It was/is so fun getting to know you. I can't wait to meet you IRL too.
This exercise was so good for me. Once I got myself going I could keep going, and as I read yours I think of other things about myself as well. Like I played the clarinet in middle school and was a flag girl in the marching band in 9th. :)

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you did this, Joy! I enjoy getting to know you better!

I have the same dream about my teeth falling out. Or a mouth full of teeth. LOL

And I am LOLing at you pretending your wallet was a cell phone :)

JAMIE said...

My ear rings too!! Totally stinks.

We need to go diving together. A dive trip is in order!! Where have you been diving?

Pat said...

Wow, I'm exhausted from all you do and have done and remembering to write about it. Good idea but think I'll pass....maybe 50 items...later. Aunt Pat

stephanie said...

That was way cool. It was great to get to know you better. I guess I will put it on my "to do" list and let it rise to the top some afternoon when the kids are in school.

kellyclay said...

I loved getting to know more about you. I need to do this list too, I am just way to tired at the moment.