Monday, August 18, 2008

New Braces for Nate!

Before....
After!
We just got home from getting Nate's braces put on. He was so excited about this and doesn't seem to feel self-concious about it all. In fact, when he was asked what color of bands he wanted, he said pink and black. Huh? He told me he wanted to be different. Okay Dude! I think he looks great in them. He was given a big list of foods that he wouldn't be able to eat...I was pretty surprised at things like pickles and chips. Two years of lots of ortho appts. coming our way!
Actually, the thing he is most embarrassed about is the fact that I'm blogging about this. : )

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Nate, what a positive attitude and a great smile!

Erica said...

I loved being able to go and pick new colors out. They aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be and when you are done you have an even better smile. You look great Nate!

kellyclay said...

What a handsome boy. :)

Bobbi said...

He looks great! My son currently has pink bands on too. He says, "real men wear pink".

KillmerFam said...

I had braces for six years! I know what he's going through! After awhile, he will probably be able to eat some of those things, just be careful so they don't pop off! Also, just from experience, I had the pink and black around the same time as school pictures and I regreted it because every other tooth looked like something was on it because one color was REALLY dark, and the other was REALLY light! Good luck with the braces and it will be worth it in the end!

BennettBoysBlog said...

Nate....you rock! you look good boy. Watch out, those girls are gonna love your new look!